As we each pursue life and mission within the community to which God has called us, it is sometimes helpful to be encouraged by the movements and happenings of our neighbours and fellow journeyers.
Below are just a few of the happenings we have selected to share from some of the denominations within our Fellowship. Follow the links below to learn more:
- ABC USA:
- EVERYDAY CONVERSATIONS: Thursday, May 18, 2023 at 3:00pm ET | Congregational Innovations: Rev. Dr. Greg Mamula will share about Congregational Innovations around the Table, noting: “We are hard-wired to flourish within the context of community. Innovative opportunities like Table life are a holistic approach to faith and life while fostering thriving community connections.” Rev. Travis Norvell will share about Congregational Innovations while riding a bike, taking the bus, and walking on a sidewalk as a way to connect with your neighborhood and discover God already at work in the world around you.
- 2023 Biennial Mission Summit in San Juan, Puerto Rico – June 23-25, 2023 | Gather and connect with one another, hear directly from American Baptist partners and friends, worship together as one family of God, and learn the latest happenings across the American Baptist denomination.
- Assembly 2023: June 8-10 at the Hilton Mississauga/Meadowvale | This year’s theme is “Associating, Belonging, Called”.
- Churchnet (Baptist General Convention of Missouri)
- Annual meeting coming up in April
- DCBC (District of Columbia Baptist Conference):
- Mental Health First Aid training on May 23, and Youth Mental Health First Aid on May 18 @ Baptist Building | MHFA training helps you assist someone experiencing a mental health or substance use-related crisis; YMHFA teaches parents, family members, caregivers, teachers, school staff, peers, neighbors, health and human services workers, and other caring citizens how to help an adolescent (age 12-18) who is experiencing a mental health or addictions challenge or is in crisis.
- Leadership Training Forum: Your church is called to the DCBC Leadership Training Forum on April 29, 2023, from 9:30 am to 3:30 pm at Montgomery Hills Baptist Church. Workshops will cover:
- How to have hard conversations with difficult people
- The church’s responsibility for the well-being of children and vulnerable people (legally, morally, and ethically)
- How to use technology beyond worship to communicate throughout the week
- How to live excellently – continually growing in the faith while leading others
- How everyone (lay people and clergy) might be better equipped to sit with people in grief
- How to encourage, equip, evaluate and covenant build with your pastor (this is for clergy and lay leaders)
- How to strengthen your prayer life
- How to lead across cultures and traditions
- Home Mission Board Conference, May 1-2 in St. Petersburg FL
- Congress of Christian Education and Discipleship, June 26-29, Brown Hotel Louisville, KY
- PNBC’s 62nd Annual Session, August 6-9 in St. Louis, Missouri
- Southern Region’s Annual Session, June 19-22 in Charlotte, NC
- Texas Baptists:
- Future Church 2030 Conference: April 28-29 in El Paso TX | Exploring what the church of 2030 will look like and how we can best prepare today.
- Family Meeting: July 16-18 in Mcallen, TX | Every five years we combine the Conventions of Texas Baptists, Hispanic Baptist Convention, the African-American Fellowship and our ethnic and cultural partners. When we worship together, we witness on Earth a glimpse of the unity we will one day see in Heaven.
- Zomi Baptists Churches of America
- Mission of Hope: April 10-22 Refugee Advocacy Delegation to Malaysia and India, including Tun Can Cap, President of Zomi Baptist Churches of America
- MC Conference just took place on April 14-16 in Fort Worth, TX
- ABC USA:
8-Week Grant Writing Course with Stephen Broyles
We are excited to share the announcement of an 8 week course offering in Grant Writing by national expert Stephen Broyles of the Magi Group, hosted by NABF member denomination DCBC (District of Columbia Baptist Convention). We had incredibly positive feedback on the hour-long workshop which Mr. Broyles hosted during our Annual Meeting last October.
The 8 week course will take place Monday evenings from 6:00-8:00pm Eastern Time. The cost is $80 per person and will be hosted via Zoom. After attending the course you will be able to:
- Compose a grant or contract proposal that has a high probability of being funded
- Demonstrate knowledge of the funding landscape within public and private sectors
- Demonstrate knowledge of program development using logic modeling, forecasting, budgeting, asset mapping and environmental scans.
Dates for the 8 sessions of the course are:
- March 13, 20, 27
- April 3, 17, 24
- May 1, 8
- (NO CLASS April 10th on Easter Monday)
To register, visit the DCBC website to find this form: REGISTER: Grant-Writing Course
Or call the DCBC office: 202.265.1526.