The reality of the world we live in is that disasters happen, and seem to be happening with greater frequency and severity.
One of the North American Baptist Fellowship’s greatest strengths is in the breadth of our network of churches and people on the ground across Canada and the United States. Leveraging these existing connections, we aim to connect and empower our NABF family to work together to help those who are affected by hurricanes, tornadoes, wildfires, floods, and other natural disasters.
- Continue building awareness about disaster relief that is already happening within NABF members and churches; Build up and strengthen disaster relief networks between NABF member organizations.
- Work to secure funding to support NABF goals and objectives via grants or contracts.
- Improve web and social media coverage, so that more of the work that NABF partners are doing in disaster response would be made known. Develop capability to communicate prayer requests and support activities for each disaster.
- Support use of the new NABF Disaster Response Network Contact and Capabilities Resource information. The contact information makes it easier to reach out to one another in order to collaborate in times of need.
- Maintain and strengthen relationships internationally through the Baptist World Alliance.
Disaster Relief Coordinator, North America: James Barbour
James R. Barbour is an experienced leader in the world of Disaster Relief. He brings over 12 years of direct related technical experience and leadership in disaster recovery activities in his home church of Fort Foote Baptist Church Missions program, and is acting Disaster Relief Coordinator with the District of Columbia Baptist Convention. James is a deacon, a grandpa, and a retired US Naval Officer and security engineer, having worked in various roles with NASA, FAA, and the IRS.
“I look forward to working with each of you, in service to the Lord Jesus Christ. Please feel free to send me your ideas and comments: email@example.com.”
NABF International Liaison: Dean Miller
Dean Miller is active, effective and experienced in areas of disaster relief in his role as Mission Development Staff Coordinator with the Baptist General Association of Virginia. While involved in North America, Dean is also member of the Baptist World Alliances’ Forum for Aid and Development, and provides a link between the NABF’s North American response and disaster relief internationally. Dean’s background also includes work as an associate pastor and youth minister. He holds a Master of Divinity Degree from Southern Baptist Theological Seminary.
Join our Disaster Relief mail list to keep abreast of disaster relief efforts within the NABF –>
View past Disaster Relief email updates here:
- NABF DR: 9th Ward Tornado Disaster (April 6, 2022)
- NABF DR: Fires and Tornadoes in Texas (March 23, 2022)
CALL US TOLL FREE:
Do you need help recovering from a disaster? Do you want to offer financial assistance or help on the ground?
Use our toll-free number to connect directly with our Disaster Relief Coordinator for North America, James Barbour: 1-888-615-6223 (1-888-615-NABF).